More than 360,000 American deaths in 2013 included high blood pressure as a primary or contributing cause. That is almost 1,000 deaths each day.Center for Disease Control
- 70 Million American adults have high blood pressure. That’s 1 in every 3!
- 1 of every 5 don’t even know they have it.
- High blood pressure costs the U.S. $46 billion each year. This includes the cost of health care services, medications to treat high blood pressure, and missed days of work.
- High blood pressure significantly increases your risk for heart attack, stroke, chronic heart failure, and kidney disease.
A Solution? Or a Bigger Problem?
- In over 70% of patients with hypertension, a 2 drug therapy is required in order to achieve blood pressure reduction goals.
- In many of these individuals, significant improvement has not been seen, leaving many searching for alternative methods of lowering blood pressure.
- According to the CDC, only about 52% of people with high blood pressure have their condition under control.
A New Approach
“Upper cervical doctors have seen a link between injuries to the upper neck and high blood pressure for decades, but only recently has the medical profession begun to study how upper cervical care helps those suffering with blood pressure” -Dr.Vuagniaux
In patient’s receiving upper cervical adjustments over an 8 week study, systolic blood pressure dropped an average of 17mmHg and diastolic an average of 10 mmHg, which is equivalent to a reduction seen with being on 2 forms of blood pressure medications simultaneously! 1
A Patient’s Perspective
Prior to beginning upper cervical care, I had been on blood pressure medicine for 13 years! My blood pressure numbers began going down within weeks of my first adjustment. I no longer needed blood pressure medication. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! ~M.N.
The Next Step
Upper cervical doctors are able to evaluate and correct problems in the neck that could be causing high blood pressure.
Call Revive Upper Cervical Chiropractic today to schedule yourself for a complimentary consultation, and discover if upper cervical care may be able to help lower your blood pressure! 724-302-3628
- Bakris G, et al. Atlas Vertebra Realignment and Achievement of Arterial Pressure Goal in Hypertensive Patients: A Pilot Study. J Hum Hypertens, 2007; 21 (5):347-52.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, www.cdc.gov
- Kessinger, R. Upper Cervical Diplomate Program Neuro Boot Camp, 2014
- Torns S. Atlas Vertebra Realignment and Arterial Blood Pressure Regulation in 42 Subjects. J Upper Cervical Chiropr Res, January 20, 2013: 1-13.
- Upper Cervical Health Centers of America. www.uppercervicalcare.com