When someone brings up the topic of common neurological diseases, migraine would surely come first to mind. In fact, about 1.04 billion people in the world are migraineurs. Besides the physical pain, people living with migraines also suffer from heavy financial burdens. In this blog, we will introduce you to a trusted upper cervical chiropractor who can help you get a lasting and low-cost migraine relief in Cranberry Twp.
Migraines Can Hurt Your Wallet
If you suffer from chronic migraines, your wallet and bank accounts may suffer along with you. You may also experience a decrease in your performance and productivity. This can have a massive impact on your work, day-to-day routine, and other areas of your life.
Headache is not the only migraine symptom that can cause you disability. Chronic fatigue, stiff neck, nausea, and concentration problems are also included in the long list of migraine impacts.
According to an analysis, a migraine patient with insurance could spend a total of $767 annually. This estimated cost is different for average migraine patients with no insurance to cover their treatment expenses. On the other hand, an Integrated Benefits Institute’s report compared San Francisco employees without migraines and those who have them. This is the summary of their findings:
- Employees who received treatment for migraines had a much higher health care cost annually than employees who did not have migraines.
- Also, employees who received treatment for migraines spent about $600 from their benefits and wages annually.
Migraine is so disabling and can cause employees to underperform, making the disorder costly for companies and employers. Employers pay a high price for their employees per year in the following:
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Spending related to healthcare
How Migraine Causes Disability at Work
Some of our patients seeking migraine relief in Cranberry Twp report that their symptoms take their toll on their work performance. Sometimes their entire body could not function normally during a migraine attack.
Apart from throbbing headaches (either on one or both sides of the head), migraineurs may deal with work-disturbing symptoms, including the following:
- Loss of vision
- Sensitivity to both lights and sounds
- Flashing lights
The headache, dizziness, and nausea can pull you out of your workstations. Employees with chronic migraines could experience throbbing headaches for 15 or more days per month. With that long of a duration, imagine how much financial cost and productivity you can lose.
How Your Work May Trigger Your Migraines
Your migraine episodes can occur out of nowhere. However, many employees find that their migraine triggers link to their workloads. Here are the most common migraine triggers that may strike anytime at work.
- Stress – stress-induced migraine is pretty common in employees who suffer from the disease. Also, the pain you experience with your migraine can create more stress. In addition, a weekend off or a “let-down” phase triggers a migraine attack.
- Sleep Deprivation – lack of night sleep when you work graveyard shift or sleep loss when you work overtime to meet deadlines is a known risk factor that may trigger a migraine attack. Aside from that, chronic pain from migraine episodes can change a person’s sleep pattern.
- Loud Noises – prolonged loud sounds can spark migraine episodes if you work in a mining or construction site.
4 Ways to Cut Your Migraine Costs
Getting quality care for your migraines is essential. However, you should not run away from getting treatment just because you are afraid of spending some money. So let us introduce you to a natural option for migraine relief in Cranberry Twp with the help of an upper cervical chiropractor. But before we do, let’s discuss how you can mitigate the cost of your migraine using these free methods.
- Use your benefits – many employees do not know that they can claim disability benefits for severe and chronic cases of migraines. However, remember that you need to have a copy of your migraine diagnosis and well-documented history of how your migraine interferes with your day-to-day routine at work.
- Avoid or manage your triggers well – a simple way to reduce the cost of your migraine is by being aware of your triggers. By knowing the possible causes of your migraine attacks, you will have a firm idea of how to prevent them.
- Be more mindful of your health – the simplest way to save money is to take care of your health. How can you do this? You can start with eating healthy and engaging in a regular exercise routine. Staying fit does not only help prevent the occurrence of your migraine but also prevent you from the high cost of treating other diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Set an amount for your medical savings – designating a small percentage of your income for your medical savings can make a huge difference.
Get Low-Cost Migraine Relief in Cranberry Twp
Getting to the source of your symptoms is the best way to aid your migraine. Our licensed chiropractors can give you a unique form of care, also known as Upper Cervical Chiropractic. Revive Upper Cervical Chiropractic, is one of Cranberry Twp’s premier upper cervical chiropractic practice.
We understand how much migraines can affect your quality of life. So, if you are hoping to find safe and natural migraine relief in Cranberry Twp, call us today at 724.772.7060 to schedule an appointment.
To schedule a consultation with Revive Upper Cervical Chiropractic, call 724-302-3628, or just click the button below.
If you are outside of the local area, you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.